The oSTEM Annual Conference Poster Session is intended for undergraduate students, graduate students, postdocs, and professionals/researchers to showcase their research to other conference attendees. Anyone performing academic or industry research is invited to submit a poster for consideration. If you are interested in submitting a poster please click here.
From the posters submitted, a number will be selected to give 10-minute oral presentations with additional time for questions during our research symposium sessions. We will be accepting poster presenters on a rolling-basis for this opportunity until all slots are filled.
For full consideration for the oral presentations please submit posters prior to September 1, 2017. The final deadline to submit a poster is November 3, 2017.
Poster Display and Awards
Posters will be on display to all conference attendees during the day on Saturday. Poster submitters will be asked to stand with their poster and explain their research to interested attendees and judges for a short period on that day typically during a period of the Career and Graduate Fair Expo.
Awards will be given out for the highest scoring undergrad, graduate, and postdoc/professional posters at the Saturday evening awards ceremony!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the recommended poster sizes?
- The maximum poster dimensions are 48" x 36".
- How long will poster submissions be open for?
- We will accept posters until November 3, 2017.
- I submitted my poster but never received a confirmation email. Did you receive my poster submission?
- The google form is not currently set up to send confirmation emails, however, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding your submission.
- How will the posters be displayed?
- We display the posters on an 8' x 4' free standing cork board with push pins.
- I notice the poster session is during the Career Fair and Graduate School Expo. Can I still attend the expo and present a poster?
- Yes! Please let the programming committee know that you need to attend the career fair and feel free to promptly leave at the end of the session to attend the Career Fair and Graduate School Expo.
- Do I need to bring my poster/can you print it for me?
- Unfortunately, oSTEM cannot print your poster. We advise that you travel with your poster, however, the hotel has a full-service FedEx/Kinko's business center in case you need to print it in Chicago.
- Do I have to participate in the research symposium to present a poster?
- Nope! Feel free to just participate in the poster session.
- How will I know if my poster was accepted for the poster session?
- Due to the interdisciplinary nature of oSTEM as an organization as well as the programming committee all submitted posters are accepted for the poster session. You should receive an email during October confirming your poster submission.
- How will I know if my poster was accepted for the research symposium?
- The programming committee will contact those individuals who were accepted.
- Can I still present my poster if I wasn't accepted for the research symposium?
- When can I set my poster up?
- Poster setup will be on Saturday morning and be available throughout the day on Saturday; feel free to take a free moment to wander through the posters during the day.
For more information about the conference please visit here.
Please email our Conference Programming Committee at email@example.com with any questions about the accessibility of this process.